H1

2014/04/01

The Health Benefits from Manuka Honey

Hello everyone I had recently finished reading Novak Djokovic's book Serve to Win where he talks about his entire diet change in particular how he has become gluten free. I have also been gluten free for almost twenty-five days and have noticed the benefits. I'd like to share from the book what Novak recommends a particular food Manuka honey for its Anti-bacterial and Small Healing properties.



Here I have purchased a 5% (250g) Manuka honey made by Manuka Doctor distributed by apiwellness UK. A 5% UMF rating means there is a nonn-peroxide antibacterial activity equivalent to 5% solution of phenol in water. 


They recommend at least 10%. This particular brand has 5%, 10%, 15%, 18% and 22%.  They also have money mixed with Ginger too!  The higher active content the more antibacterial agents help to prevent illnesses. 



Unlike ordinary honey Manuka honey is very thick and has a creamy colour to it. 
Every morning I too eat two spoonfuls raw or I add it to my gluten free oatmeal mixed with whole cranberries and whole unsalted almonds.  Its very tasty! 


This is the Manuku  flowering plant (Leptospermum scoparium) Native to New Zealand and Southeast Australia

You can find more information about what UMF is about by clicking the above image. They have detailed research on PDF. 


Here in Thailand I found Manuka Honey at the Villa Market. I would say it is quite pricy as the UMF goes up. 5% UMF starts from 980B -->  22% UMF as you can see 4,990B. 



Versus other honey on the shelf which are less expensive and you get more volume the labels may say pure honey,but actual content may have a lot of additional syrup and sugars that are blended. 


I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit about Manuka honey. Every Sunday in Kvillage they have a farmers market where I have seen some honey being sold. I am curious to see what kind it is? I will continue my quest to enjoy Manuka honey as long as I can afford it 555. Any additional interesting information about honey please don't hesitate to leave a comment below. Thank you! 


Staff Introduction:
  Shinichi George Kidera  APF ACADEMIES COACH

"You Are What You Eat" so try to healthy as possible. You Owe it to Yourself!!

Back into the swing of things in 2014! My goal is to definitely learn more Thai this year, play more tennis, get into great shape, and as always inspire those who want to become better tennis players. Have a great start everyone to your new year and keep your goals alive and in-line.