interstingly, the french company Babolat founded in Lyon was around two years prior to the Wimbledon in 1875 already making racket strings.
The founder of Babolat was Mr. Pierre Babolat
Originally the company was making strings for musical instruments and sausage cases from animal intestines.
Current owner Eric Babolat is the great great grandson of Pierre
Babolat till this day is still a family owned business with 350 employees.
Babolat works closes with individual players who are all invited to the headquarters in Lyon to be introduced to all the workers and given a personal tour by Eric himself.
- 1875 Tennis strings are made from animal intestines still till this day
- 1925 Rene Lacoste wins the French Open using Babolat strings
- 1955 Introduction of fist synthetic string
- 1994 Babolat launches its first tennis racket
- Current Babolat users are Rafael Nadal, Li Na, and Eugenie Bouchard
- 2003 Selling tennis clothes, footwear, and accessories
- 2012 first hi-tech racket the Babolat Play introduced which transmit data to user's computer
Mr. Babolat's Motto:
"Motivation is the key to everything, so loving what you do makes the difference."